Monday, April 01, 2013

I guess you're in London today


If you read my last post you'll know that I was in London this time last week (I'd love to be back!) Today I thought I'd do a little life post on my time there.
We had to be at the school at 4'o clock Monday morning (and I'm not a morning person!) to get the bus down to Belfast airport. I stayed up most of the night watching One Tree Hill because I decided that I'd be better off staying awake than getting an hour sleep but in then end I fell asleep at around 2 and then woke up about 50 minutes later to get ready.
Fast forward a few hours and it's 6:30am. We were at Belfast airport, checked in, through security and we were now eating at Burger King. At 6:30am. I've never eaten fast food so early but it was still good... although they ran out of chips D:
The flight was fine, I just read magazines and listened to my ipod.
The first thing we did in London was get a tour bus. I just kept snapping pictures at anything I found remotely interesting! I have quite a few photos of random people on the street... We got off the bus at Buckingham palace to get pictures and look at the guards. They literally have to stand there for hours while people stare at them - worst job ever? 

We stayed in a tiny hostel. I don't know the name of it but trust me I wouldn't be recommending it. There was 8 girls sharing a room and it was cramped. It was still good fun though!

Later that evening we went to the Hard Rock Cafe. I loved it, the whole vibe and the food was great. I definitely want to go back and buy a T-shirt next time! After eating we went straight to see Wicked on the West End. The set and performances were amazing but for some reason, most likely the fact I had one hour sleep the night before I fell asleep! From what I remember it was good, maybe slightly overrated? Well I can't really judge since I missed bits.
The first thing we did the next day was go on the London Eye. It was freezing so I drank two hot chocolates before hand! I actually really enjoyed the London Eye... I don't know I thought it might be a bit boring but it was fun and you could see so much. I remember thinking at the time, you'd have to be a really good photographer to capture the amazing view. 
We were then given an hour or so to get lunch with our friends. We went to an all you can eat chinese place. The food was okay but the fact you could have as much of it as you want was the best bit (obviously!) 
Afterwards we went to the London Dungeons which was really fun. It was jumpy but not as scary as I expected. Once we got dinner at Pizza Hut we went to another West End show - Matilda! 
I enjoyed Matilda more (compared to Wicked) mainly because I understood it and followed the storyline. 
On our last day we went to Westfield (If you want to see what I bought see my last post!) We were given four hours to shop but that honestly wasn't enough... there's so many shops. The teacher in charge told us to stay in groups of four or more but it's trickier than you think! I love make-up (hence the beauty blog!) and so do some of my friends but others don't. Therefore we decided to split up for like 20 minutes so we could go to MAC and they could go to Hollister. The deal was to meet in Topshop but they got caught and we had to finish shopping half an hour early D: 
It wasn't so bad for me cause I had gotten everything I wanted and had run out of money. Anyway after that we got Starbucks (I tried coffee, hate it :( I told the women my name was Darcy, haha. But she spelt it Dorcie!) and then went to the airport for our flight home. 

I had a fab time and such good fun with my friends.

CAN I JUST LIVE IN LONDON ALREADY?


8 comments:

  1. You were so lucky to go to London :O ! The History classes in my school went last weekend but I didn't xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really fun, I'd so love to be back!
      Hope you have a good midterm x

      Delete
  2. looks like you had a lovely time, do you recomend the musical matilda?(:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it was great you should definitely go see it if you get the chance(:

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had a good time, would love to go to London.
    I tagged you in my liebster awards.
    http://dontneedmakeutocoverup.blogspot.ie/2013/04/liebster-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your so lucky! It looks like you had a lot of fun! I would love to go to London sometime as well!! Where are you originally from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing...
      I'm from Ireland so it's not too far!

      Delete

I'd absolutely love to hear your thoughts on this one...