Monday, August 26, 2013

my sort-of birthday haul


I turned sixteen 23 days ago, on the 3rd of August and when I mentioned it on twitter a reader asked if I could do a birthday haul. And of course I said yes. 
But the reason for this post being quite late is because I was given pretty much all money for my birthday & so I've done a lot of shopping and now I'm ready to show y'all what I bought! 
I do have quite a bit of birthday money left but I'm planning to book a hair appointment (I'm thinking more ombre or highlights) and maybe get a second lobe piercing.

Oh and it's called my 'sort-of' birthday haul because usually these hauls are presents but this is stuff that I picked out with my birthday money.


I went to New Look when I was in Donegal with my aunt and bought four things there.

First of all I picked up the slim fit joggers - which basically look like thick black leggings. I really like them, they're warm and I bought them for wearing around the house. I probably should have gotten a size 6 instead of 8 though because they're a little bit baggy around the crotch area. But hey they'll do fine!

There was this whole section of lovely, cosy jumpers and I wanted to buy them all but I settled for the one shown above. I couldn't get a great picture of it as it looks much bigger/wider there than in person but I've already worn it twice and I only got it last week.
Maybe I'll style it in an OOTD? 

I caught a glimpse of the boots above on a display mannequin and I hate to sound cliche but as soon as I saw them, I needed them in my life! I think they look great with jeans and I'll be wearing them all Autumn and Winter.

I was in Topshop a few months back and I saw a beautiful red bag very similar to the one I bought. Of course the New Look one was a fraction of the price. Although I haven't had a chance to use it yet I am very excited to!


Last year I got Wonderstruck perfume for my birthday and since then I've also received Wonderstruck Enchanted. So following the tradition (and because I'm a huge, huge fan!) I bought Taylor by Taylor Swift with some of the birthday money my parent's gave me. It's such a beautiful scent - sweet but sophisticated (as Taylor says in the ad!) 
I also bought my second Maybelline Baby Lips in pink punch, then repurchased The Falsies mascara and got myself a new pair of tweezers because my old ones have vanished.


I went into Accessorize and bought my school bag for this year. I feel in love when I saw it. As you can see it's just a simple polka dot satchel but what makes it even cuter is the little group of charms on the left hand side. It actually makes me excited for the new school year... well kind of.
While I was in Accessorize I also picked up a pretty pencil case and a metallic pink card holder for my bus pass and student card.  
Oh and I quickly went to Easons to buy my monthly fix of Seventeen and Company which I still have yet to read. 

That's pretty much everything I got for my birthday!
I bought some skincare products in Boots but they'll be making a debut in my next post... 
I had a really lovely, admittedly lazy birthday this year & I'm super grateful for what I was given.

I can't believe I'm sixteen though. Wowza.
That's something I'm still getting used to.

 photo sign_zpsce874fdb.jpg

13 comments:

  1. You bought such lovely things :) + I need Taylors new perfume! x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I that is an amazing schoolbag! The pencil case is gorgeus too! I'm jealous now:)


    xxx
    Alannah
    neonandfeathers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww yeah I'm excited to use them... but you know that means school so...

      Delete
  3. i love the jumper, you got some lovely things! i really need to get a card holder for bus pass, i know if i dont get one i will just end up losing all my cards xxx
    mollyox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks molly, yeah I've been getting ones from Accessorize for like three years now because they're practical and pretty! xxx

      Delete
  4. This months Company is a really good read and i love the boots xx


    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday! Love the stuff you got - especially the jumper :) I adore raglan style sleeves... might have to copy you and get it!! x

    janesjumbles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Jane! I actually love the jumper more than I thought I would when I bought it - You should definitely get it x

      Delete
  6. cant wait to see the skincare post. also, what do you use to put the bubble of writing on the first picture in your posts? thanks for the help
    - http://sparkleandblog.blogspot.co.uk/ xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's up now and it's called My Updated Skincare Routine.
      Oh and I use picmonkey! It's really good for picture editing!
      xxx

      Delete
    2. Oo ill check it out and thanks, is it free or do you have to pay for it? Xx

      Delete
    3. some of it you have to pay for but I just use the free things!

      Delete
  7. Hope you had a lovely birthday, there's some lovely things! Loving the jumper! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I'd absolutely love to hear your thoughts on this one...