Thursday, August 29, 2013

my updated skincare routine


Last September I blogged about my skincare routine but in the last month I've had a trip to Boots and bought a few new things...
Since switching it up my skin has improved quite a bit and so I'd love to share with you what I'm using. 

Now, I'll be the first to raise my hand and say that I'm pretty rubbish when it comes to skincare routines. I may keep it going for a week but I can be lazy and so most nights I just end up washing my face and slapping on some moisturiser. 

I know how important looking after your skin is and I'm going to be realistic - school has started again so I'm probably only going to have time to wash my face in the morning and leave the exfoliating and cleansing for night-time.

And so I guess this is more of a 'once a day' routine sort of thing!
Anyway here's a little rundown of each product in the order I use them in... 

#1 I exfoliate my face about 3/4 times a week with the Clean & Clear Exfoliating Facial Wash because it's very gentle but you don't really want to be using it everyday.
You just simply add a grape size amount of the product to an already wet face and massage it into your skin. And then of course rinse it off.

#2 I recently bought The Ultimelt by Soap & Glory - a cleanse and polish. This is an amazing (and much cheaper!) alternative to the famous Liz Earle one. I just apply it in circular motions to my face and leave it on for two minutes before washing it off with the hot cloth that is included. 

#3/4 After patting my face dry I add about 3 drops of the Sanctuary Therapist's Secret Facial Oil to my Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturiser (which I've repurchased) and just, you know, rub it into my skin and that's all I do with that. 
I don't really know my skin type because as a teenager it's quite temperamental - oily,dry,okay. But the facial oil is suitable for all skin types. It does leave your face oily though (but like a good oily!) so I only use it at night and then by the time morning rolls around you're left with super soft skin. TA DAH! 

I am really determined to stick to using these products every night because since getting a fringe my skin has gotten a little worse - that's something people don't really tell you!


 photo sign_zpsce874fdb.jpg

11 comments:

  1. im pretty bad with skincare routine but i got some new bits as well which makes me want to improve my routine. the soap and glory cleanser looks great xxxx
    mollyox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Soap & Glory cleanser is so much better than I expected!

      Delete
  2. I wrecked my skin recently after changing up my routine! I should try these! Great post! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post I love the soap and glory skincare line especially the cleanser :)
    Meg xx (new follower!)


    peachpips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love soap and glory!

    http://thenetdoll.blogspot.co.uk/

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love clean and clear, I'm just really lazy and can never keep up a great skin care routine which sucks!

    Kaitlin xx

    http://kaitlinrosee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! :)

    If you'll have any spare time, please check out my blog, as it means a lot to me.
    www.fashion-in-the-universe.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading skincare routines, although it makes me feel a bit bad about how rubbish I am with mine! I definitely will check out the facial oil next time I'm in Boots, it sounds great! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post :D I love the Clean & Clear exfoliating wash too, I might try Soap & Glory xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks grace, you definitely should! xx

      Delete
  9. Hi my friends how are you hope you fine me also share with you some beauty tips hope you like. Ever notice how girls with heavy eye makeup and heavy lips can look overdone and a bit clownish? When it comes to making up your face, it's best to decide to play up either your eyes or your mouth, but never both. I'm not a huge fan of rules when it comes to beauty, but I pretty much always follow this one and I wish I knew this tip when I was a teen. If you wear a smokey eye, go for nude lips with just a bit of gloss. Prefer the drama of dark lipstick? Keep face light (stay away from heavy blush) and wear only mascara on your eyes and a light eyeshadow. Don't heavily line your eyes. Play up both and you'll look like a clown. And never, ever line lips in a darker color than your gloss or lipstick. Thanks.
    skin care

    ReplyDelete

I'd absolutely love to hear your thoughts on this one...