Saturday, September 28, 2013

a few of my favourite things


Do you ever have one of those days where you feel a little bit sad?
You've got your health, good friends & family but you just don't feel 100%?

Well I do and I think everyone does.

On days like that all I need is a few of my favourite things. 




People who haven't watched 500 Days Of Summer usually expect it to be some soppy romantic comedy - I swear it's not!

It's so unique. I really wish there were more movies in the world like this.
With the amazing Zooey Deschanel & Joseph Gordon-Levitt as the main actors why wouldn't you want to watch it?!

I think one of the first lines in the movie is the voice over guy & it's 'This is not a love story - this is a story about love' or something like that. And that kind of sums up 500 Days Of Summer.

I'm finding it difficult to articulate my love for this film... All I can say is it never fails to make me happy.
(I kind of sound like an advert but it's hard not to when you're talking about the things you love the most!)
Emoji


This book is so underrated in my opinion.

The main character is a girl called Kitty (love the name!) and it's basically her story of growing up with a somewhat dysfunctional family.

The book begins with present day Kitty who has a husband and is pregnant but the majority of the novel is in the point of view of eleven - to - sixteen year old Kitty.
It shows how much she changes as a person through the years because of her experiences.

I've lent this book to some of my friends but none of them have enjoyed it as much as I do. I think this is because Kitty is like my fiction sister! I've had so many of the same thoughts as her and I just feel like she is me. Or I am her? I don't know!

The author Sophie Dahl (supermodel and grandchild of roald dahl) is so talented at writing. Every description is beautiful and I think this will be one of my favourite books for a long time.
Emoji


Your favourite TV show and favourite snack...
Isn't that the best remedy for a bad day?

I am currently loving Gossip Girl.
I started the series five years ago but never got past season 3.
Now I'm addicted and watch at least one episode a night... oops.

And you know what makes everything Gossip Girl better?
FOOD!

To put it simply if you give me galaxy chocolate I will love you forever.

(Notice how it's just the galaxy wrapper in the photos above and there isn't actually any chocolate... because I can't help but eat it all as soon as I buy it!)

Emoji


Hmmm after talking about a few of my favourite things I suddenly want them!
I guess that's my weekend sorted then.

 photo sign_zpsce874fdb.jpg

11 comments:

  1. 500 Days of Summer is one of my favourite films too. :) Although i kind of dislike Zooey in this film for her role hahaha.

    Your latest follower on Bloglovin' and GFC, Lauren x
    http://laurelbay-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen 500 days of summer! x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like this was slightly school musical inspired. a few of my favourite things? :) Was this the pist you were talking about writing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah this was the post I was talking about writing in school - but what do you mean school musical inspired? The post title is from that song 'these are a few of my favourite things'. You know the song?

      Delete
    2. the school musical is the sound of music which is where this song comes from. Never mind...

      Delete
    3. Oh my gosh I just googled it and I had no idea that's where that song came from!

      Delete
  4. I love 500 Days of Summer, such a great movie :)

    overdosedemaquillage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey NIamh I love your quaint little blog and dont worry your not the only one that Loooooooves that book You really inspired me to make my own quaint little blog if you could maybe check it out it would mean the world thank you http://gorgeouswithg.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Niamh! I love your blog and I've nominated your blog for the Liebster Award! :)
    Here is the link: http://t1ger-l1lly.blogspot.ca/2013/10/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

I'd absolutely love to hear your thoughts on this one...