Monday, October 07, 2013

some little changes


Be Different

Blogging. 

It's something I absolutely love to do - I'm constantly thinking about it (just ask my friends!) and trying to discover ways to improve my blog. 

But do you want to know something? 

Recently I haven't been very happy with some of the things I've been posting. 

There is two reasons for this... 

1. I'm not showing enough of my personality in my posts.
I don't really know why this is - it's like I'm trying to come off as professional (if that makes sense ) - but I'm not! And I don't want my blog to be like that. I want it to be an extension of me. I want it to be something I'm proud of. I want to be able to just sit down with my laptop and type out my feelings on a particular topic/product/outfit ect. 
..


2. I keep doing generic beauty/fashion type posts. If I'm stuck for ideas I just do whatever is popular in the blogging world - maybe a new tag, a favourites post or I'll review the latest lip product. But honestly most of the time when I click the publish button I don't feel a sense of pride or happiness. (This isn't saying EVERY tag or review I post doesn't make me happy but sometimes I just choose a certain idea because I have writer's block & it's the safe option) 

And so the other day in school it kind of hit me -

'WHY AM I DOING THESE THINGS?' 





At the end of the day we should all blog for ourselves. 

If you like blogging about make-up products - DO IT. 
If you like blogging about your outfit of the day - DO IT.
If you like blogging about your travels - DO IT. 
If you like blo-- You get the idea! 

Emma Watson

Now I'm not saying things are going to drastically change around here. 
You might not even notice it.
I love blogging about a variety of things (make-up, fashion ect.) and that's not going to change -
There is just going to be a few little switch-ups here and there.

Want to know what? 

Be original
1. I'm going to try and be a little bit more 'me' in my posts. 
I do find it quite hard to show off my personality in writing but here's to trying!

2. I'm going write posts that I read and love.
If you don't like reading a particular post then chances are you won't feel passionate writing it. I, for example, don't read favourites posts very often. I don't know why but they kind of bore me a little... And I don't really enjoy writing them.
This doesn't mean I'm never ever going to do a favourites post again it just means that if I do it'll be with my own twist on it. 

3. Originality.
Easier said than done because it can be difficult to be original but basically it's better to be a cookie than a cookie cutter. Sometimes I have to remind myself that there is a first for everything and it's okay to be different and write new, different posts. 

So yeah. That's everything!

I'm still going to be posting reviews, OOTD's & all about make-up ect. because I love all of those things a lot.
This post wasn't really necessary but I want to let you know that from now on I'm going to blog about what I love (that sounds so narcissistic!) and I'm not just going to blog for the sake of it.

I also just typed this up because I really like lists.
And I'm procrastinating.


www.beautifulfashionlife.blogspot.com

 photo sign_zpsce874fdb.jpg

10 comments:

  1. Good to hear wild ombre, be yourself girl! Four for you Glen Coco, you go Glen Coco!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! I know what you mean, I'm sometimes nervous to post about lots of different things on my blog - but it's thing I enjoy. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks! I hope you blog about the things you want to! xxx

      Delete
  3. It's as though you've entered my mind somehow, and wrote my thoughts in this very post. I can totally relate! I am always constantly thinking of ways how to improve my blog.

    Jes | Naturally Jes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this post! I have the same problem about "haven't been happy with some of the things I've been posting" and if I get "blogger block" I also do tags, reviews, wishlists, whatever is popular in the blogging world haha but I love blogging about everything. I'm always thinking of ways how to improve my blog.

    I really like your blog, I just followed you! hope you can follow me back♥

    dreamouutloud.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed reading your post here (and love the "things I like to do" drawing. so cute!) Whatever it is, it's always good to post things we love :) Love your blog! xo akiko
    Style Imported

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is post is good Niamh! :) Blogging should be more about 'for ourselves' than for other people. And that last photo definitely tells the story of my life. :p

    Found your blog randomly on google! :)
    xo, Mary @ Secret Obsession

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Somehow I ended up on your blog.... and I'm really happy I did!
    You must be Irish - (your name kinda gives it away)
    I really enjoyed reading this post, I can totally relate.
    I let my blog slip during the summer, my posts just weren't me.
    Now, after a blog name change, I think I'll be back on track soon... hopefully

    Can't wait to read more!
    Marian ^_^ x
    the-flying-key.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you! And yes I am Irish!
      Good luck with your blog Marian (I'm now following) ^.^

      xx

      Delete
  8. Oh my goodness, you don't even know how much you've captured exactly how I have been feeling about my own blog! Good job for taking a stand and staying true to you! (And thank you for the reminder)

    -Alexandra

    ReplyDelete

I'd absolutely love to hear your thoughts on this one...