Saturday, January 25, 2014

a 'blog' book


When I saw a fiction book about blogging I knew straight away I wanted to read it.
Blogging is one of my favourite things to do as is reading so Adorkable was like combining the two - perfect.

I first read Adorkable back when I started this blog (I even mentioned it in my 2012 august favourites! cringe!) but recently I reread it and I enjoyed it just as much as I did two years ago. So I thought I could let you guys know about it in-case it's something you'd love too.

Okay I'll give you my own quick/simple synopsis -

Jeane Smith is a seventeen year old girl. Jeane is a bit of a loner at school but wants it that way (or so she claims.) She has an extremely 'daring' fashion sense and oh yeah - she is a world famous blogger. Think tavi gevinson.

Michael Lee is an eighteen year old boy. Michael is the complete opposite of Jeane - popular, buys his clothes from topshop topman & jack wills and does extremely well in school. He is also friendly... something Jeane doesn't come across as. 

So, and I assume you've all guessed, Jeane and Michael - well they become a 'thing'. Or at least a 'secret thing' because neither wants to be seen in public with each other. I know it sounds like every bad cliche rolled into one but I promise you it's not - it's actually really good!

 The blog and twitter talk make the book ten times better for me - I think it's very unique in that sense.

If you're a teenage girl who blogs or just a teenage girl I would totally recommend you give Adorkable a read. It's cute ^.^

Have you ever read Adorkable? 
Would you like to? 

 photo sign_zpsce874fdb.jpg

12 comments:

  1. This sounds like such a good book, I'll have to check it out x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you mean top man not top shop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to love Sarra Manning's books and Adorkable has been recommended to me quite a few times, so I probably will give it a read at some point!x

    Charlotte / coloursandcarousels

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the book "Kiss & Blog." I would highly recommend that book. I'll have to check this one out! It seems really good! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read it about two years ago as well, just after I started blogging, actually. Very inspring isn't it? I loved Jeane and she really reminded me of Tavi from Rookiemag.com and stylerookie, who I think she was based on... she is my idol. That book is my favourite blogging book ever.

    Have you read Awkward by Marni Bates? Not a really bloggy one. But its about a girl who's video goes viral on youtube and she ends up getting famous. Love it as well!

    Would love to do a collab or somewhat sometime??

    rua
    ohsilverfoxes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think it actually made me more interested in blogging because I had only just started too! I definitely think Jeane was based around Tavi - and I love her also ^.^
      Awkward is a really good book - I actually might re-read it soon...
      xxx

      Delete
  6. This sounds like something I would love! A perfect holiday read :) x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't, but it sounds very cute! May have to pick this one up!

    x leah symonne x

    itsleli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book looks really good! I've been meaning to start reading again for ages so hopefully I might order this and get back into the habit x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, my blog from last year was deleted and unfortunately I am starting my blog from scratch again, so right now it's nothing special & wont seem all that interesting, however please follow/subscribe to it as I could do with all the support I could get right now on getting it back on track & rebuilding it back up. Thankyou so much! Katherine x
    http://katherine--rose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. this book sounds great !! Great blog dear :) Would you like to follow each other on GFC and on Bloglovin :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd absolutely love to hear your thoughts on this one...