Sunday, January 12, 2014

my pamper evening's


Hello!
Whenever I have one of those crappy days where everything just seems 'meh' I like to have an evening of therapy.
And my therapy is magazines, a girly/funny film & using products that'll make me feel all clean and pampered and special!

The first thing I do is run a bath - I don't know what it is about lying in a tub of my own dirt but it makes me so relaxed! 99% of the time I'll use a LUSH bath bomb and for this particular bath I used So White which I believe is from their christmas range. It smells amazing. Actually amazing isn't a good enough adjective - divine.
It smells divine. 
I always plan to read in the bath but it never works out because either my magazine or book gets wet or my mind just wanders. I find it really hard to focus in the bath/shower so I usually daydream. Now you know!

Once my fingers and toes look like prunes I'll accept it's time to get back to reality and put some cosy pj's on. At this stage I like to do my skincare routine, apply a face mask if I have one and use any kind of cream or butter on my skin.
The Righteous Butter and Hand Food by Soap & Glory are fab. I am also loving their Peaches & Clean cleanser and recently I bought nose pore strips just to see what they are like! I have really bad chapped lips so I like to use the bubblegum lip scrub from LUSH and then a lip balm before I get into bed.

I tend to read a magazine while my face mask is working it's magic or before I put on the movie. I read cosmo, company, red, glamour, kiss and seventeen. Have I ever mentioned I am a magazine junkie? Someday I'd love to write for one...

Yesterday I bought The Bling Ring and this rom com collection dvd which has Love & Other Drugs and What Happens In Vegas (it was only £3!). I am really looking forward to watching the bling ring cause I remember there was a huge hype around it when it came out into the cinema. Any funny or girly film is the perfect way to end a pamper evening in my opinion - and I'd totally recommend Dirty Dancing, Superbad, 500 Days of Summer and Angus, Thongs & Perfect Snogging. There's so many more films I love but I don't want to bore you with a humongous list!

After a pamper evening my mood completely changes - instead of feeling rubbish like I did before, I feel positive and motivated. And sleepy but that's normal!

Do you have pamper evenings? What films do you watch/recommend? 

 photo sign_zpsce874fdb.jpg

9 comments:

  1. Not a film but if you have Netflix you should watch The Carrie Diaries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love having a pamper evening every so often, it takes my mind off everything. I always watch How To Lose a Guy In 10 days and Beauty and the Briefcase x

    http://daisy-drops.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Bling Ring :3 and I use the Righteous Butter too, it works fabulously! :) x

    My Little Piece Of Internet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched it last night and omg it was so good! x

      Delete
  4. I love pampering nights and I watch Angus thongs and perfect snogging such a British film and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post. I love the soap and glory stuff especially the hand food.
    itsaleyna.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aleyna! Soap & Glory is amazing - I still haven't found something of theirs I don't like! x

      Delete
  6. Hey Niamh,
    I've nominated you for The Liebster Award!
    Check out my blog at www.thethoughtsofateen.com for my information!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This inspired me to have a pamper evening! So chilled out

    ReplyDelete

I'd absolutely love to hear your thoughts on this one...