Saturday, February 22, 2014

inside my bedroom

  
as you can see I clearly know my solar system ;)

ROOM TOUR! Wooooo!
Haha I've been looking forward to writing this post for ages now because I really enjoy reading/watching everyone else's. My bedroom isn't anything special but over the years I have managed to get it the way I like it without having an endless supply of money. 
I spend quite a bit of time in my bedroom (and most of that time in bed reading magazines and watching movies) so I guess it's important that I like it. A lot of inspiration came from 'tumblr style bedrooms' like the collage behind my desk and one day when I was feeling really stressed out I opened my art box & started painting on my wall. It was pretty liberating - doing the one thing your parents told you not to do when you were younger.

Anyway, I don't think my room is perfect but I'm happy with how it is at the moment.
*struggling to think of what else I can say about a bedroom*
You know what, I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking!


 photo sign_zpsce874fdb.jpg

22 comments:

  1. Wow! I love it! It's so cozy and creative. I love the bunting and the solar system in particular :)

    Anna x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you anna! I actually got the bunting in primark for £1 (I think) although I know it's pretty easy to make :)

      x

      Delete
  2. i want your room so much! its perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your bedroom, it's so cute and welcoming!

    Sharlotte | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your room is amazing! It's like one of the ones you see on Tumblr, the collage of photos is simply stunning x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you aveen! yeah I remember watching tumblr inspired room tours on youtube and thinking 'hey I could do that!'

      x

      Delete
  5. your room is so cute! i love all of the little details like the hand prints and the mini solar system! xxx
    mollyox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your room, you have some great decorations x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah it's so pretty! I do love a good magazine collage wall :) x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow your bedroom is so creative! x

    http://lilemilyjane.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your room! I especially love the collage you did by your desk, so cool! i'm your new follower, talk to you soon! xoxo http://makeupmajesty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh! I love your room and I'm absolutely envious of your DVD collection, you have all my favourite movies! Oh and I've tagged you to do the TMI tag, I would love to see you do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you frances! and I'll check out the tmi tag now ^.^

      Delete
  11. Your room is so pretty! I love the bunting!
    Milly xx
    http://miyyime.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the giant pile of books on the window ledge, no room is complete without books hahaha :)
    www.beautybyageek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. your room is so lovely! I love that the last time you had a picture of the collage is was only the size of and A4 or something and now it looks to be a whole wall :D the same thing pretty much happened with my bedroom :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks dervla! yeah that's how I procrastinated from last year's summer tests!

      x

      Delete
  14. You have a beautiful room and an amazing blog. :)
    itsmariangelica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love your room! It looks so nice to chill out in, very cute.
    If you fancy taking a look at my new room it's here http://yayalicemay.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/university-room-year-three.html

    Thanks
    Alice May

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. That’s the perfect bedroom for a teenage girl like you, Niamh! It looks artistic and meaningful. I'm sure everything in there is the expression of who you are and what defines your personality. Your bedsheets are gorgeous. I bet you sleep like a baby every night. Hahaha! Thanks for giving us a tour! Stay gorgeous!

    Dante Storey @ Healthy Bed Store

    ReplyDelete

I'd absolutely love to hear your thoughts on this one...