Monday, July 21, 2014

online shopping purchases


One of the hardest things about having a debit card is resisting the temptation to buy things online.
The times you are most vulnerable is late at night when you're browsing through ebay or etsy and everything looks amazing. That's my excuse for buying the burger phone anyway!
This is a pretty small haul but I wanted to write it nonetheless.
Emoji


Yes... okay... this one was random and I can't really explain why I bought it. But I'll try!
I was watching Fresh Meat on Netflix and there's this scene where one of the characters is using a burger phone and I was like 'oh my god that looks cool.' The burger phone is best known from the film Juno which I watched a few years ago and I remember thinking someday I wanted to own one... and now I do.
Cool story, I know.
Basically I went on ebay that night and found one for under a fiver - I mean who wouldn't buy a burger phone for under a fiver? (Probably a lot of people.)
Sure it looks a little cheap and I haven't actually tried it out because I don't have one of those phone wire thingys in my bedroom but for now it sits proudly on my bedside table. Someday I'll have a conversation on it and it'll be the best phone call ever. Because it's a burger. I mean... what next?


The 90's reminiscent choker trend blew up a few months ago so after admiring them from afar I went on etsy to see if they had any at a good price. This one caught my eye and so I bought it for £5.
I've worn it a few times but, to be honest, I think I might be slightly 'over' the trend. I still appreciate when other people wear them but I have yet to really pull it off. I'll keep trying though!


My parents bought me these last two things off of the Topshop website for my birthday (August 3rd, save the date, lol.) I've wanted a midi skirt for ages and this one caught my eye. It's £48 so pretty pricey but it is good quality and you feel like a princess in it (that's a guarantee.) I'm not sure how I'll style it yet but I'm planning to take it on holidays with me so possible summer lookbook material?


MOM jeans! Finally! I have wanted a pair of these for the longest time. They are a nice break from skinny jeans and, like chokers, are very 90's inspired. High waisted and a bit baggy (in a good way I think) I can see why these wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea but I'm definitely a fan and I can see myself wearing these to death.

And that's everything.

Emoji

I should probably start trying to save my money now... but let's be honest I won't.
So what's your favourite thing from this haul?

 photo sign_zpsce874fdb.jpg

10 comments:

  1. That skirt is lovely, it suits you so well actually!! I totally remember that phone from Juno :D memories :) Anyway lovely post and happy early birthday <3

    *NEW POST* http://jennoshealth.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! I love the skirt but it's finding a top to wear it with that's difficult! x

      Delete
  2. Love everything you bought, especially the burger phone! xx

    http://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. A BURGER PHONE THAT IS AMAZING! I think I might kind of need one now.
    Etsy at 1am in the morning is definitely my biggest weakness when it comes to online shopping. I could buy so much off that site, it's a good thing I refused the offer to get a debit card, to insure that most of my money stays in the bank. Also, those jeans suit you so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha at least someone gets it! And that's smart, I've been working for a year and haven't got a penny to my name! I think I'll have to 'hide' my debit card. Thank you Alannah! x

      Delete
  4. Great little haul. That burger phone would always be such a great conversation starter! I haven't bought any Mom jeans yet but I've been eyeing them up in Topshop for ages, might need to cave in and spend oops x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so, so late at replying but I missed this comment, sorry! I would totally recommend getting some mom jeans - I wear them all the time, such a nice alternative to skinny jeans! x

      Delete
  5. where are your emojis from? they're so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just copy and paste them from hotmail :)

      Delete

I'd absolutely love to hear your thoughts on this one...