Tuesday, August 26, 2014

is it too soon for autumn outfits?


Oh yeeeeah, an outfit post finally!
You have no idea how many times I've wanted to write up an OOTD but either a. it's raining outside b. I have no time to take photos because I'm late to wherever I'm supposed to be or c. I have no-one to take the photos. My little sister agreed to take them for me eventually but I had to part with two of my favourite nail polishes in return... for a ten year old she sure knows how to get what she wants.
So, is it too soon for autumn outfits? I don't think so considering the weather we have in Ireland at the minute. Summer really is over, a little sooner than usual. I wore this outfit to dinner on Saturday with my family. We went for a meal to celebrate me and my sister's results (I got my GCSE results and my sister got her A Levels). I'm definitely not one for sharing results on social media as they're a little personal for that, in my opinion. (But if you posted yours that's cool! I like seeing how other people did but I'd just be a bit nervous to share mine).
Since this is my blog though and I like hearing how everyone else did I don't mind letting you guys know! I got 3A*'s (English Literature, Biology and P.E) 4A's (English Language, Maths, History and Religion) and 2B's (Irish and Drama). I did a lot better than I thought I'd do and I'm so relieved I can do the A Levels I want since that's what I was nervous about. I'm doing English Literature, History, Religion and Biology this year so we'll see how they go...
I hope everyone's happy with their results and if you're not then remember that they're just exams. There is so much more to life than grades. 
Anyway back to the outfit: I got the tartan smock dress for only £7 while it was on sale in Topshop. Bargain or what?! The boots, also from Topshop, weren't such a bargain at £36. The necklace I'm wearing, which you can barely see, says my name and I was sent it from a website called Punky Pins. It was pretty windy so the photos didn't turn out great, sorry!


Are you already looking forward to autumn/winter fashion? 
Also, if you live in the UK, what A Levels are you doing/planning to do? (I'm nosy!!)

 photo sign_zpsce874fdb.jpg

21 comments:

  1. I LOVE this outfit!

    It was so lovely to hear from you! I am doing A Levels - German, English Literature, Accounting & Drama. What A levels are you taking?xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hollie! I'm really glad you've started back to blogging! I'm doing English Lit, History, Religion & Biology. Good luck with yours! x

      Delete
  2. You look so nice and that dress is so lovely. Wish you good luck on A levels. Keep up the good work.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this outfit! It's never too early for autumn outfits, aha! xx

    http://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Guilianna! And haha I agree, I just love autumn/winter fashion so I can't help myself! x

      Delete
  4. That dress is fab! no it's not too early! you promised us a summer lookbook though :(

    Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! I know, I'm really sorry about that! Basically I couldn't get the photos on holidays and then it was raining any time I was ready when I got home. And then I realised last week that it's too late :/ I'll definitely try to get a lot more photos of my autumn/winter outfits and then there's always next summer...
      x

      Delete
  5. You got really good results I hope I get results like that. Congratulations for you and your sister and good luck for the future ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Aleyna & good luck with your exams! x

      Delete
  6. Ahh this post is so nice!
    Keep in touch xoxo
    beautylove7694.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so gorgeous and I love this outfit.

    I am hosting a POLAROID CAMERA GIVEAWAY on my blog if you wanted to join :)

    www.kindoflovely.com || AUS Fashion/Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this dress and well done on your results by the way! Although I have found myself looking at a/w clothing online, it makes me sad that summer is almost over :( I'm also starting A-levels next year and am doing Biology, Geography, Maths and Further Maths. Bit nervous for starting sixth form though!
    Miss Muggs x
    http://missmuggs.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky! I'm definitely going to miss summer but Autumn is my favourite season so I'm very excited ^.^ Oh god I'm not a maths person at all but good luck!! I'm nervous too, A levels aren't gonna be fun :/
      x

      Delete
  9. That dress is sooo nice !. x

    Cait || http://caitrionatighe.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  10. The outfit is so pretty!! Well done on your GCSE's, you did amazingly well :') I will be taking English Lit & Lang, History, Creative Writing and Communications & Culture xx http://ridawkward-and-hyperbubbly.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nabeela! I'm so jealous that you can do creative writing as an A Level, I'd love that! Good luck x

      Delete
  11. I love tartan right now, this dress is lovely. Nice mix of posts on your blog, and I particularly love the design, if not a little jealous of it

    ReplyDelete

I'd absolutely love to hear your thoughts on this one...