Thursday, August 07, 2014

my summer holiday


I've been home a few days from Italy and I took so many photos during my trip I thought some kind of holiday post was due.
Let's do this in bullet points because does anyone really want a detailed paragraph on my holiday? Probably not.

 I went to Lake Garda which is the biggest lake in Italy (fun fact of the day.)

 I ate eight margarita pizzas while I was there. That's almost a pizza a day! They were so good...

 I read four out of the five books I brought - pretty successful. But they were easy-to-read books.

 The weather was quite unpredictable as it rained three times while we were there (one huge thunder and lightening storm) but most of the time it was lovely.

♥ We went to a theme park called gardaland one day and also a waterpark another day.

 The apartment we stayed in was nice (although the landlord lady was a total nag - 'no diving' 'don't have the air conditioning on and the windows open' 'you were too noisy last night.') and my bedroom was very cute and quaint. One of my favourite things about holidays is having a new view outside my window in the morning - it's so refreshing.

 I did a lot of swimming.

 My two little cousins (both under two) were with us on holiday (as were their parents, my aunts and uncles) which was fun. I love babies but sadly babies don't love me unless I bribe them with food.

 I turned seventeen while I was there. When I woke up and went to get breakfast I noticed my mum had bought me a chocolate muffin from the bakery and instead of a birthday card she got me a postcard with a kitten on the front (she knows me well.)

That's my holiday in a nutshell. I really enjoyed it but I have to admit I'm at that age now where I'm slightly 'over' family holidays. I love my family (most of the time) but I couldn't help think about how much more fun I'd have with my friends. Also my sister, who is nineteen, didn't go this year so I was the oldest and it just felt a bit lonely at times. Still - sun, swimming, reading, playing cards (does anyone else play a lot of cards on holidays?) eating out in restaurants - who could complain?
I'm just glad to be back, that's all.

Okay question time:
Did you go on holidays this year? What was it like? 

 photo sign_zpsce874fdb.jpg

10 comments:

  1. I get what you mean on the old for family holiday thing! That Lake looks so pretty and Happy belated birthday! hope you had a fun holiday :)

    Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny & it twas nice to get away!! x

      Delete
  2. Omg, I felt the exact same on my family holiday to Lisbon this year! My older sister didn't come and it was kind of lonely for me! The place looks so fab though, I would love to go there sometime! The pizza also looks delicious, ha ha!

    barrelofsecrets.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you went to Lisbon, that's cool! Yeah, wouldn't friend holidays be so much better?! It was really lovely... and what I wouldn't do for one of those pizzas right now.. x

      Delete
  3. I still go on family holidays he he. I read fangirl on my holl, was quite good. You took great photographs! :-) xx

    Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen & yeah I actually enjoyed Fangirl more than I thought I would! x

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous photos!! http://alexandriao.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing photos, sounds like you had a great time. Those pizzas looked yummy too! I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks :)

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is so beautiful! I love your photography! :) maybe check out my blog?
    blue-freckled-nargles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd absolutely love to hear your thoughts on this one...