Friday, August 01, 2014

old diary entries

This is, hands up, one of the most embarrassing posts I have put up on my blog.
But there is just something so amazing and whimsical about old diary entries. It is definitely hindsight that allows me to laugh when I read the words of eleven year old Niamh. It is funny how five years ago the idea of scanning my diary to share on the internet would be enough to make me want to die. It is only now I can appreciate how hilarious it is... mainly because I didn't know I was being hilarious.
I do have to apologise in advance for, well, me. I was embarrassing. So was my spelling. And handwriting. Oh and I blocked out the names of people and places cause it is the internet after all.
But if you can ignore all of that then enjoy!


I literally face palmed when I read this recently. Words of advice for younger Niamh: Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Especially when it is about hypnotism.
I basically thought I was the shizz, walking into primary school and telling everyone that I knew how to hypnotise people. WHY?


There is something I find so innocent about this one. Like my whole life revolved around what I did on a Sunday afternoon with my family. I especially love the part where I wrote '... 2 annoying girls around the same age as me who kept laughing and like stalked us!' Words of advice for younger Niamh: Stop making everything about you. Also... have you ever thought about why the little pool is always warm? I'm just saying.


I remember this ruined my week. You see when I was in primary school I swear I thought I was going to be the next Miley Cyrus. Like I was convinced. And so to find out I couldn't sing in front of other people? That crushed my dreams. (I was a dramatic kid, okay.) Words of advice for younger Niamh: I'm so sorry to break it to you... but you'll never be a singer. That doesn't mean you'll stop singing though - you'll still sing (terribly and completely out of tune) every chance you get whether that is in the shower or while clearing over the breakfast dishes.


Oh the cringe. So much cringe. The cringe is real.
I love how I start by talking about my cousin boasting about their new family car (because that was the highlight of my day obviously) to a puberty book. Words of advice for younger Niamh: Don't steal your older sister's puberty book. End of. That's weird, cut it out. Also, can someone really boast about their family car?


I actually love this one. Who writes in their diary on Christmas morning instead of running downstairs to open their presents?! I obviously had more self control five years ago than I do now. Basically my mum made this rule that we couldn't wake up until seven that year and while she was just pushing her luck (we usually get up much earlier) I took her literally. That was the last year of my childhood Christmases and I am so glad I've got this to look back on.
Words of advice for younger Niamh: Never grow up.

Did you keep a diary? Do you still? Would you like to see more of my cringey diary entries? 


 photo sign_zpsce874fdb.jpg

17 comments:

  1. This post is such a brilliant idea, I was laughing all the way through x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Niamh! I love this post! It brought a smile to my face!! :L
    Katie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep my diary, because there are so embarassing and funny things in it :D Your post is so cool :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw! it's great getting to know you better :P we were all so silly back then your not alone!

    http://jennoshealth.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post! I was smiling the whole time. x

    http://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great post, I love the advice to young Niamh! Smiling the whole way through x

    Jess at Where'sMyLipstick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jess! Second-hand embarrassment probably but I'm glad you liked it ^.^

      Delete
  7. This is such a cute post <3 I know this might slightly be breaking the rules because you have a little above 200 followers, but I couldn't help but nominating you for the Liebster award. You can check out the details on my blog- She Will Be

    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post is brilliant! I think I'd be too embarrassed to show anyone my early diary entries, but this was so cute. By the way, I hope you haven't already done this, but I nominated you for the Liebster Award. Go here to find out about it and your questions: http://missmuggs.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/liebster-award_3.html
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, That was adorable! My diaries are just horribly embarrassing. I loved this post!
    http://franklymissfrances.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frankie! Mine are embarrassing too as you've just witnessed! x

      Delete
  10. What an adorable post! I used to keep journals but am too mortified to look back at them now... (By the way your blog design and blog button are so gorgeous I just had to pick up the latter xx)

    Emily | Lynde Avenue

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely loved reading this, oh the joys of reading back on things you wrote when you were younger ey? It definitely makes you laugh. I think I may have to share some of my diary entries some when, they're too good to keep to myself hehe.

    Amazzable xox

    Feel free to check me out:
    rawramazzable.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy!! And I know, it's just so cringy! I'd love to read yours if you ever share them ;)
      x

      Delete

I'd absolutely love to hear your thoughts on this one...