Thursday, August 21, 2014

some new skincare pieces


Over the last month I've picked up a few new skincare products and I thought I'd share them with you.
I'm hesitant to call this a skincare routine because the truth is I don't think I'll ever be able to stick to one. I get too lazy or impatient or I just fancy a change. And I don't use these products together. So, for example, one night I might use the Clean & Clear daily wash and the deep cleansing lotion but I'll not bother applying the tea tree toner or Garnier's cleansing water. Therefore it's not so much a routine.
 But anyway these four products are what I'm currently loving.

The Clean & Clear Exfoliating Daily Wash is something I repurchased and I actually mentioned it on my blog last year. It's a great daily facial wash as it's like a soap (the way it lathers and cleans your skin) but the little grains in it exfoliate your face, making it so smooth.

I put a few drops of the Clean & Clear Deep Cleansing Lotion on a cotton pad and swipe it all over my face once it's clean and free of make-up. It's difficult to tell if skincare is working, isn't it? Because it can take months before any improvements are made and even then it's usually small, barely visible changes. But this product makes your skin tingle and feel fresh which makes you believe it's working. Even if it's doing fuqq all!

The Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water is something that's recently been mentioned on a few blogs which totally convinced me to buy it. It's basically like soapy water (that might be simplifying it a bit...) and it's great to take your make-up off with. I would say it's an excellent alternative to face wipes - just add some to a cotton pad and it leaves your face feeling much better than wipes do.

And finally Lush's Tea Tree Water was something I picked up more for the gimmick. You see I love the fact it has a spray nozzle - is that weird? Like it's quite fun (maybe fun isn't the right word... how about interesting) to finish off my skincare 'routine' by spraying toner water in my face. I don't know. I can't tell if it's working but tea tree is supposed to be good for spot-prone skin and my skin has been getting some spots recently (probably due to stress from thinking about these exam results tomorrow) so let's hope it zaps them away!

I do love buying new skincare products because it makes me feel all motivated like 'YEAH! I'm gonna use these every morning and night and then I'll have beautiful skin!!!' That excitement doesn't really last very long though... like I said before - I'm lazy.

Have you got any of these products? Is there any others I should try?

 photo sign_zpsce874fdb.jpg

11 comments:

  1. I've heard so much about this tea tree water from lush, but I'm always so hesitant to buy it! Really great post! xx

    She Will Be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sylvia! I was hesitant too but it was under £4 and definitely worth it :)

      Delete
  2. Great post ^-^ I will have to buy some lush tea tree water.
    I recently just purchased the garnier micellar cleansing water and I definately think it's much better than using makeup removing wipes!
    - F - www.elevatorbrain.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frances! I'm loving the garnier cleansing water - it's perfect for lazy people! I just put some on a cotton pad and take off my make-up in bed!

      Delete
  3. Must try out the Tea tree water. Good luck in your exam results. I have to wait an extra 8 days for mine as I'm on holiday -I'm a nervous wreck!

    Lauren| thatgirlcalledlauren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it so far! Thanks Lauren - I'm really happy with them & I hope you're happy with yours!!

      Delete
  4. These look great! x

    http://teenagebeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tea tree water looks so cool! i love things in a spray applicator bottle also :D

    Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried the Clean & Clear a little while ago and definitely liked it so good pick there :) Nice post!

    http://novellette.com
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12522799

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're probably my favourite! Thanks Emily! x

      Delete
  7. Great post! I've wanted to try the Lush spray, but haven't quite yet. Love your blog and am following you. Please come visit me too at http://melissygoose.blogspot.com/ Thanks for letting me read!

    ReplyDelete

I'd absolutely love to hear your thoughts on this one...