Monday, September 29, 2014

spinning like a girl in a brand new dress

Dress - Topshop
Boots - River Island
Oh hai guys. 
It's been over three weeks, sorry about that, but I'm just getting back into the swing of things. Being back at school means I obviously have less time to blog but also less motivation. Anyway I'm not going to do the whole generic blogger apology/excuse thing (I've used it way too many times!)
I wore this outfit to my baby cousin Anna's christening yesterday. I love the fact that you can wear this dress during summer or winter if you put on a pair of tights. Technically it's my sister's dress but pfffff I've worn it more than her so it kinda belongs to me now, right? Isn't that how it works? ...

The christening was really lovely (I can't think of a better adjective to describe a christening) but I had work that evening which was a bit annoying. On Sundays, since I work, I tend not to fully enjoy everything I do beforehand because all I can think is 'you've got work in x number of hours.' It's weird. It's like whenever you have to wake up early but you can't sleep because all you can think about is the fact that you have to get up in a few hours.

I'm writing this when I should be typing up my history essay. Procrastination at its finest.
Mmmmm, well, I will leave you with this question:
Do you know what song the title is from? 


 photo sign_zpsce874fdb.jpg

15 comments:

  1. Niamh you're so pretty! Yep, I'm sure that's how dresses work...I just wear my mum's shoes so much they aquire to be mine after a given time, I'm sure you can work the same way with dresses ;)

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Charlotte thank you! (I can assure you, I'm not!) I depend on my sister's wardrobe so much, it's ridiculous! But she's in uni now and she's taken all her pretty clothes with her :(
      x

      Delete
  2. I'm glad your back posting Niamh!
    P.S- I really love your dress :)
    - F - www.elevatorbrain.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you back! You and your dress are so pretty, and I love your chatty writing style :) Don't worry, I'm procrastinating from history essays too :D
    lily x
    www.jolihouse.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lily ^.^ And I don't know why I took on so many essay based subjects, it takes me forever to write them! x

      Delete
  4. It's great to see you blogging again Niamh! It's such a pretty dress, love the colour!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need that dress - It's just gorgeous! And your boots are beautiful! Everything you wear is just so lovely x
    Helena xo
    http://lifeinafewnutshells.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress suits you so well, the photography on your blog is always so amazing! totes jealous :)

    Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy Ground, very good choice! Quite proud I knew that tbf haha! And I know exactly what you mean about the going to work thing, I have work this evening and I am just counting down to it, Its so annoying! I always love your background when you do outfit posts btw, you have a very pretty garden (?)
    beautybyageek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay someone got it!! And yeah, it's always fine when you're there but the thought of it is the worst :/ Thanks Katie, yeah it's my garden :)
      x

      Delete
  8. Wonderful post :) can't explain the excitement of finally coming across a fellow Irish blogger! love this outfit :) x

    www.sheintheknow.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd absolutely love to hear your thoughts on this one...