Saturday, December 27, 2014

christmas, christmas, christmas


I know christmas is over but I'm in denial, desperately trying to cling onto days where I can stay in my pajamas, overeat and watch TV without feeling guilty.
I was pretty torn over this blog post. For two years now I've shown you what I've gotten for christmas but I still feel uneasy about it. I'm not sure if it's the negative tweets that surface around this time ('If you post what you got for christmas on instagram, chances are I hate you') or maybe it's the fact that there are people out there who don't even have food on their tables so WHO CARES what make-up was in my stocking?! But if I keep thinking like that almost everything on my blog in my life is ridiculous and silly. And truthfully I really enjoy reading about what others got so I'm equally eager to share what I was given.

My main present, and possibly my favourite, was a fujifilm polaroid camera. It's such a novelty and there's something amazing about capturing all these tiny moments and getting to physically hold them in an instant. Also, waiting for the photo to develop is pretty exciting. I got two boxes of film but I'm trying to use it sparingly because it's so expensive.


I told my mum if I just got books for christmas I'd be happy and I wasn't really exaggerating. My True Love Gave To Me is a collection of short stories with love and christmas as their main themes by some pretty popular YA authors such as Stephanie Perkins, Jenny Han, Rainbow Rowell and David Levithan. So far I'm loving it as the short stories are cute and well written plus it's great being able to flick through it and choose which author's to read next. Also, can we just appreciate how pretty the cover is?
 More Than This is a novel I've seen online loads and I'm really looking forward to getting stuck into it. It's a book about life after death and reviews promise there's a few twists in the story so I'm hopeful I'll love it. It by Alexa Chung has been on my wishlist since it came out. I'd be lying if I said I had high hopes for it since I read this guardian review and many others with a similar opinion. I guess it's a bit like a scrapbook, something very fun to pick up and read a few pages of. I was also given Rookie Yearbook Three which is what I've been reading the most over the last couple of days. 

I'm so grateful for the new make-up pieces I received as I was starting to run out. The Naked 3 palette, which was really popular among bloggers last christmas, is gorgeous and I can't wait to use it for nights out. Brow Zings by Benefit is genuinely all you need to get perfect eyebrows and I think it's going to be something I'll reach for almost everyday. I got a few Real Techniques brushes and my sister bought me a beautiful berry YSL lipstick. My mum had the perfume I was given, Flower by Kenzo, years and years ago so when I saw the bottle and spritzed some on my wrist I swear I was five years old again.

I'm in love with the satchel I got from River Island and the 2015 paperchase planner makes me excited for the New Year. I'm just so happy and thankful for every present, it did make christmas that bit better.
As for christmas day itself, I had an early start at six (younger siblings...) but after all the excitement had died down I went back to bed for a few hours. It was a great, quiet day. I'm not really into the religious side of christmas but isn't it cool that there's this day that so many people in the world get together with their families, take time off work and relax?

I really hope you all had a good christmas and you enjoy the next few days before the New Year!
 January... that's when real life resumes.
What did you do on christmas day? Did you get anything nice? 

 photo sign_zpsce874fdb.jpg

18 comments:

  1. You've captured my feelings. I recently posted about my Xmas present (Macbook Pro) and I felt really insecure about posting it. But at the end of the day, I got good feed back which spurred me on. This is a lovely post, I think you sectioned it out and presented it perfectly.
    I hope you had a lovely Christmas :D

    Alice x
    alzgalz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the polaroid camera so much :)

    I'm running a "Christmas" giveaway (lorac pro pallet+ the wet brush), if you're interested, check this link:
    little taste of heaven

    ReplyDelete
  3. Santa was good to you! The polaroid camera looks amazing :)
    Maeve // Thrift O'Clock

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand how you feel about posting what you got for Christmas and I'm in the same boat. You got some lovely pieces though! :)


    www.ellenwarnerxo.blogspot.co.uk xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got 'It' and 'Rookie Yearbook Three' as well! They are lovely books to flick through for inspiration :)
    I hope you had a lovely Christmas Niamh.
    - F - www.elevatorbrain.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sims 4!! Lucky you. I was going to ask for it but then I realized it was probably wiser to wait for the summer holidays so I wouldn't get distracted from all my work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO TRUE! I know it's a waste of time but it's so addicting...

      Delete
  7. I just found your blog and i love it! I get what you mean about not wanting to post what you got for christmas, but I also posted a video on my youtube channel about what I got (my channel is kimsstyle99 if you want to check it out!) I also have the polaroid in yellow! It's so fun to use:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched your video & subscribed to your youtube ^.^ And they're really fun, I'm so glad I got one! x

      Delete
  8. I really don't think posting what you got is a bad thing, after all it is your blog and your profile you can post what you want. It's entirely up to the viewer whether or not it affects them. After all the only person that can make you feel insignificant is yourself! Post what you want Niamhy x

    Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, I really love your blog so I've nominated you for the 'Liebster Award!', all the details are on my new blog post! - http://hrbx.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/liebster-award-nominations.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Christmas sounds perfect! Christmas isn't complete without books is it? Your family choose well!
    lily x
    www.jolihouse.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true Lily! All I've been doing is reading & watching netflix ^.^

      x x

      Delete
  11. Hey Niamh! I just wanted to let you know that I've put your blog down on my page of Favourite Blogs! :)
    Megan x meguana.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. You got some really lovely presents, I love the colour of your polaroid... I've been wanting one myself for quite a while now so may have to get one with my christmas money. I don't think these posts are bad, I love reading them, just as long as the writer isn't blatantly showing off, which you're definitely not doing here. I guess I'm a bit nosy really.

    Maddie // itsthatplacecalledhere.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually love the polaroid more than I thought I would! I'd totally encourage you to get one when you can :) Thank you Maddie! I'm nosy too which would explain my love for these blog posts!

      x x

      Delete
  13. This is a ton of super fun stuff! I got a Polaroid as well (I already had a Barbie one from my youth, but the film is pricey!). I'm really jealous of all the books!!! I love to read. From what I can tell from clicking around on your blog for around 15 minutes, you are pretty cool. We should totally exchange follows and ideas and keep in touch! I really think we could become internet friends haha :)

    xoxo Caroline
    www.painted-roses.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd absolutely love to hear your thoughts on this one...