Saturday, December 06, 2014

christmas lush haul


Who doesn't love a good christmas lush haul? 
They're overdone, sure, but is it really christmas without one? (true meaning of christmas: overpriced bath bombs. obviously.) Truthfully I just haven't been feeling christmassy yet - I know that's not even a word but you know the feeling, right? I can't pinpoint exactly what it is but it's a mixture of cosiness, a cinnamon scent, festive films, fairy lights, baking, hot chocolate, family, late night shopping and being giddy like a child again - not much then. But that's the christmas feeling summed up for me. And I haven't completely got it yet. I've been trying. All our christmas decorations are up, I watched Frozen last night and right now I've got a cinnamon stick yankee candle burning on my bedside table... but nothing's working! Still, I'm hoping that a bath with these lush products will increase my excitement for December 25th. 

Golden Wonder is a firm favourite of mine that I've been buying every christmas for three years now. It's one of those bath bombs with a 'surprise.' You may think it'll leave your bath a gold colour but it dissolves into a teal blue (sorry if I ruined the surprise... but it's a bath bomb, come on!)
I bought Father Christmas because it looks so festive and I remember I really liked it last year.
Luxury Lush Pud and Star Light, Star Bright are two Lush products I haven't tried yet. The latter is an extremely glittery bath melt. I've never tried a bath melt before so I'm looking forward to giving this one a go. Beware of how glittery it is though - with a touch the glitter will come off on to your fingers. The Luxury Lush Pud is so colourful and a lot of people seem to love it (hopefully I will too!)

I think something from Lush makes any christmas present better; you can't really go wrong with it.

What's your favourite from the LUSH christmas range? 

 photo sign_zpsce874fdb.jpg

P.S I've got exams until the 17th so I might not be able to post until then... if you've got exams coming up as well, good luck! 

13 comments:

  1. I love Luxury Lush Pud! The colours in it are so bright and pretty :)
    Good luck in your exams, you'll be fab.
    - F - www.elevatorbrain.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's so pretty (is it weird calling a bath bomb pretty?! That's the only way to describe it though...) And thanks Frances x

      Delete
  2. Luxury lush pad? That sounds interesting... Haha! I feel special since I was there when you bought it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woops I totally got that name wrong! It's Pud... which makes sense cause it looks like a christmas pudding! Luxury Lush Pad - yeah that'd be interesting! x

      Delete
  3. of course the true meaning of christmas is over priced bath bombs Hahah! xx

    Coleoftheball

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm somewhat new to Lush, I've only purchased a few soaps and a face mask from there. I really like the Golden Wonder! I'm definitely going to have to try that out this season. Great post, Niamh! x

    http://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried a soap from LUSH, I think I will when I have my own bathroom :) The face masks are a bit of a pain because of the use by date, I never get mine all used up in time! Golden Wonder is possibly my all time favourite LUSH bath bomb (I'm also a big fan of So White & Twilight) x

      Delete
  5. I've never really gotten into Lush products - I can't justify the price for something you'll only use once when the N-Spa shower gels make such good bubbles when run under your bath tap! Does that make me a bit of a Scrooge?
    Megan x meguana.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha not at all - it does make you practical and money-smart though ;) I'm terrible with money, if I have £5 in my purse I HAVE to spend it... it's ridiculous! And since you can buy a LUSH bath bomb with change I usually never think about how much I'm actually spending on it. But I'll have to give a N-spa shower gel a go! x

      Delete
  6. I've never tried any of these but they all look lovely! Next time I pop into lush I shall have to pick them up :) Lovely post as always Niamh xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice haul Niamh! I can't wait to try out Father Christmas

    Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete

I'd absolutely love to hear your thoughts on this one...