Tuesday, December 23, 2014

secret santa

Two days until Christmas! WHAT?!
I'm now immersing myself in everything christmas: spotify christmas playlists, pajamas days, wrapping presents, freaking out because I have yet to finish my shopping. The normal. Is it really cliche of me to say that it doesn't feel like christmas? I'm not sure why... maybe it's the lack of snow or the fact that I'm getting older. Whatever the reason, I don't like it.
My friends and I exchanged secret santa presents recently so, seeing as I did a post on it last year, I thought I'd show you what I gave and what I got. My friend Sarah-Jane and I both got each other (and we totally knew, making it less of a secret santa and just a... santa?) My present for SJ is actually double our price limit because it's her birthday present AND christmas present. Even though her birthday was at the start of November. Yes, I fail.


You probably already know this but TK Maxx is the shop to go to if you want products at a discount. Both the Essie and Ciate nail polishes were only £3.99, which left me tempted to buy some for myself. I bought Attachments on Amazon after SJ mentioned she liked Rainbow Rowell (I do too!) The other book, My Life Next Door, is one that I've never heard of but has good reviews and looks like an easy, romantic read. Soap and Glory are so good around this time of the year, their packaging always lures me in. The mini Yankee Candle is a very sweet scent, Strawberry Buttercream. And the Lush present, which are always my go-to gifts when I don't know what else to get, has four christmas bath bombs.


SJ got me the cutest present! It was a jar full of sweets, now only a few remain of course, and also a MAC lipstick in Bombshell. It's a really subtle glittery pink and I've already worn it several times (since I only got it on the 19th, that's a lot!) It's incredibly pretty and there's something so satisfying about having three MAC lipsticks. I think it's how sleek they look together.
And, cause I know she'll read this, thank you so much Sarah-Jane!

So that was secret santa this year.
Did any of you exchange presents with your friends? 
MERRY CHRISTMAS ('and keep the change you filthy animal!')
Emoji

 photo sign_zpsce874fdb.jpg

11 comments:

  1. Aww :) I'm glad you liked the present! Thanks so much for everything you got me, I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love it SJ! Thank you! And that's so good ^.^

      x x

      Delete
  2. I did Secret Santa with my friends this year! It was really fun :)
    I hope you have a merry Christmas :)
    - F - www.elevatorbrain.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's good! You too Frances!

      x x

      Delete
  3. haha I still have Christmas shopping to finish too! oops.. :)

    -Stephanie
    petitepastels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha good luck with yours Stephanie! I think I'm finally finished now, thank god!

      x x

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, you gave and got such nice gifts! great post, glad to have ya back :)

    Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow these are all such cute gifts! My friends all decided to give each other presents this year so I felt horrible when I hadn't actually gotten anyone anything :( one of my friends made us all some cute festive fudge (that reminds me, I haven't tucked into it yet!) and everyone else got me some form of chocolate orange because they all know it's my favourite, along with some other goodies!
    Megan x meguana.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mmmmmmmmmm chocolate orange! I bought two for other people... and ended up eating both on the same night. I felt like such a pig afterwards but they were so good, I regret nothing! I hope you have a great christmas Megan!

      x x

      Delete
  6. I got Attachments for Christmas, I cant wait to read it I love Rainbow Rowell :) That such a nice lipstick! Hope you had a good Christmas :)x
    Libby-Jade

    ReplyDelete

I'd absolutely love to hear your thoughts on this one...