Monday, January 19, 2015

we found wonderland, you and I got lost in it

Skirt, ASOS / Top, ASOS / Shoes, Topshop / Bag, River Island /

Fun fact: when it comes to fashion, I will always love winter more than summer.
I think that's because the clothes are dark (like my soul, mwhaha) and they cover everything. I know I'm not the only one who dreads 'bikini season' since there are whole magazines dedicated to getting your body ready for summer - which sounds like too much effort to me, thanks. Also winter clothes are definitely suitable for the weather in Ireland. Shorts? Not so much. Yet, despite my love for black polo necks and tights, I'm already daydreaming about July and August. Now that Christmas is long gone, only that extra bit of tummy weight remaining, I need something to look forward to. And school is going to be pretty stressful until June with AS levels I imagine. I'm so ready for brighter mornings because getting out of bed is ridiculously hard when even the sun is too tired to rise.
But you know what you can't do during the summer? Build a snowman. ("Do you wanna build a snowman?" ...I'm sorry.) I shall leave you with a picture of this snowmanwoman.


Title song: Wonderland / Taylor Swift

Are you looking forward to summer yet? What do you prefer: winter or summer fashion? 

 photo sign_zpsce874fdb.jpg

21 comments:

  1. Niamh you always look so nice! I love this outfit, your skirt is beautiful. We haven't had any snow at all where I live, but I'm still hoping! xoxo Helena
    http://lifeinafewnutshells.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Helena! The snow only lasted a day and there wasn't very much (but the bus didn't come so enough for a day off school!)
      x x

      Delete
  2. You look gorgeous! Your hair look so nice as well :) x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk/

    (p.s I'm addicted to this song)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Alice! And same, I'm addicted to 1989!

      Delete
  3. This outfit is so pretty! I love high neck tops, they make me feel so classy :), also, I love the layout of your blog x
    Libby-Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million! Same, and they keep you pretty warm :)

      Delete
  4. Wonderland is my favourite song off 1989 haha. Love the outfit.

    http://gloomyxnights.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so cute! Your outfit is absolute perfection~ I've never built a snowwoman before, but that's only because it doesn't snow where I live. She is looking quite adorable herself too though heh heh xxx

    She Will Be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much ^.^ And my little sister actually built it because I hate the cold, haha! x

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous outfit! That's one of my favorite songs by Swift! Such a powerful song! x

    http://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love summer outfits! love the skirt :)

    NEW POST Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love summer outfits as well but I think they're harder to wear in Ireland ('hm it's raining so should I wear tights with this dress or will the sun come out in half an hour?" - that's my mindset during irish summers!) Thanks Jenny x

      Delete
  8. Loving the T Swift Niamh, but I have to be honest I'm just a summer kind of gal. I live for sunshine and shorts and freedom and reading in the garden and sunglasses 💙
    Beautybyageek.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie and I think I prefer summer as a season but autumn/winter fashion wins for me! x

      Delete
  9. What a beautiful outfit! I would wear this in a heartbeat :)
    And cute snowman, I've never built one :(

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! And, aw, I hope you get to one day, haha! (although they're not as fun as they look a lot of the time cause it's SO cold outside!) x

      Delete
  10. You look absolutely gorgeous! I definitely prefer the winter too, its so much better for me! :)

    Sarah / Sarah Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are stunning! Love the entire outfit and bag :) x

    extantmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I 100% agree with you in the sense of liking fashion in winter more than in summer! There's something about wearing dark coloured skirts (burgundy though <3) with tights and little heeled boots in winter that makes me smile. Oooh and the checked scarves and coats!
    Love the photos and tbh I just love the fact you used a Taylor song as your title ^_^ x

    haleemahsjournal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd absolutely love to hear your thoughts on this one...