Saturday, July 04, 2015

what's in my carry-on bag?


It's been over four months since I last hit the 'new post' button and I'd be lying if I said the words are flowing out of me right now. 
For four months the only pieces I've written are essays with a really fixed structure so this whole writing freely thing is weird. My friends repeatedly told me how they hate when bloggers have a whole post dedicated to where they've been and their promises of what's to come - so I'm going to try to skip all that by throwing it in a sentence. AS Levels sucked all of the motivation out of me and the only activity I really had the energy to do in my spare time was watch Netflix (pretty much sums up my summer so far!) School is a pretty common excuse for blogging disappearances but that's the main explanation for my absence. So, in short, sorry!
Since I'm heading off to Portugal tomorrow morning I thought I'd end my blogging hiatus by sharing with you what I packed in my carry-on bag this year.


I'm definitely taking less compared to last year but realistically it's all I'll need and I want to use my small rucksack this time around. My make-up is going in my suitcase so all that's coming with me in my hand luggage is things I'll want on the plane and when we just arrive. Reading material is a must for holidays, to have on the airplane and by the pool, and therefore I'm bringing the latest Glamour magazine and Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella. Since my ears often 'pop' when the plane lands I've got chewing gum in my bag and an Impulse spray so I can freshen up after a morning of travelling. And, of course, I'm taking my polaroid with extra film because hopefully there'll be plenty of photo opportunities abroad.
So there you have it, that's everything in my carry-on bag. Short and (hopefully) sweet. It's currently 2am and I have to wake up for an early morning flight in an hour and a half so my bed is calling me... 

 photo sign_zpsce874fdb.jpg

14 comments:

  1. It's great to see you blogging again, I know school can take the life out of us! Your bag is so so pretty, and of course reading material is a must for a holiday :P Hope you have an amazing time!!

    -Nabeela xo
    http://nabsticle.blogspot.co.uk/


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nabeela! I had such a lovely time, the weather was amazing! x

      Delete
  2. I've also had a few months off due to exams - I just couldn't motivate myself to blog alongside revision and coursework! My ears also get painful on landing so I always have sweets or chewing gum in my carry on too. I also love that bag, it's so pretty!

    Maddie // itsthatplacecalledhere.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the bag :) Finding Aubrey is on my TBR list. Hope you have fun in Portugal! I've been there a few times and when I went last year it was boiling hot!

    Serena / www.ramblingsofanotherunistudent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post! I love your bag! Super cute! xx

    http://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! Your passport holder is just so very cute <3 <3 <3 I would run off to go get it if I had a passport haha~ I hope you have an amazing holiday, love!
    xxx
    She Will Be

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Sophie Kinsella but I've never read "Finding Audrey". I'll have to try it out! And don't worry about not posting, school can be so exhausting, especially the weeks with lots of exams!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're back to blogging Niamh! I love the rucksack you've chosen, it's so cute :)
    I hope you enjoy your holiday!

    www.elevatorbrain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to read that book! Well done on finishing your AS levels (well I dont know if you've finished but just like woo well done anyway for getting through all those essays) and I love your bag!x
    Libby-Jade

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still waiting for the 'what I wore on holidays' post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! I've missed your blog so much! I can't wait to read 'Finding Audrey' - Sophie Kinsella is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. peachicedteaandme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey gal,
    Where's the formal post?
    Also just stalked your blog, it's beautiful!
    Love your fav friend Emma xo

    ReplyDelete

I'd absolutely love to hear your thoughts on this one...