Saturday, January 23, 2016

eyebrows on fleek

source

"We in dis bitch. Finna get crunk. Eyebrows on fleek. Dafuq."
Iconic words right there.
 In case you haven't watched the vine which introduced the phrase 'on fleek' into the vocabulary of every teenage girl then go watch it here, I am not crazy. So, eyebrows... we all have and love them. I blame Cara Delevinge and her beautiful bushy brows for starting the obsession. If you think about them too much you start to question the concern that we, as a generation, give the collection of short hairs above our eyes - but we won't do that. I mean, you have seen the photos of celebrities without their eyebrows, right? Pretty scaring. (I would include some photos below but I don't want to scare you. Google at your own risk.)
Look at those sculpted brows... the make-up artist was like an eyebrow wizard
So now that we have established that eyebrows are essential if you don't desire second glances everywhere you go I thought I would tell you about my absolute favourite eyebrow product. Here is a bit of background: For my school formal last year (sort of like prom or debs except we have it in September of our last year in school) I got my make-up done professionally for the first time and, happy with how my eyebrows were filled in, I decided to pick up the product that the make-up artist had used when I was in America. I am nearly certain it is available in the UK now via the internet but I don't think it is common to come across the brand in shops here yet.

So what is this magical product?
Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade.
 I have noticed quite a bit of hype around the brand recently and, in my opinion, it is fully deserved. The creamy formula can completely fill in your eyebrows, making it look like you have just paid to get them tinted at the beauticians. Now, truthfully, when I do my own eyebrows they are never as good as when the make-up artist filled them in that day. But that is to be expected, obviously, since I am no make-up artist. Plus, I am pretty lazy when it comes to getting my eyebrows threaded as I usually leave it a couple of weeks longer than I should. Thus, loads of stray hairs sort of ruin the look. Still, it has the potential to make my eyebrows look like that, making it the best product I have used for them and one I would happily recommend. By applying with an angular brush you can full on sculpt them to perfection or, like I do on a daily basis, just fill them in for definition.
What is your go to eyebrow product? Would you/have you tried Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow?

 photo sign_zpsce874fdb.jpg

8 comments:

  1. I have been using the Sleek brow kit for so long now, I would really like a change. Your brows look gorgeous here, or should I say 'on fleek' ;-)

    www.lacylatest.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Sleek brow kit is pretty great too! I love how handy brow kits are - they've got everything you need :) Thanks Lucy!! x

      Delete
  2. I need this eyebrow product in my life right now. My eyebrows re very thick and black and most of the time it's pretty hard to put them under control. Your brows look amazing. xo

    Antonia || Sweet Passions

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely going to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea, it looks great on you. Like you said, there's hype around this product so it must be great if so many people mention it.

    Heba xx || The Heba

    ReplyDelete
  5. Defenitely going to try this! It looks really good! :)
    Isabella xx http://isafashionebella.blogspot.clm

    ReplyDelete

I'd absolutely love to hear your thoughts on this one...